Monday, June 1, 2009

Paris Made By Hand by Pia Jane Bijkerk


Okay- I just picked up this book today and I love it! In her introduction to the book she sums up the reason that I love Paris- "A designers muse, a decorator's heaven, and a treasure trove for a stylist: Paris may very well be the one of the last remaining international cities that strives to protect and nurture her artisans." I am always inspired by these little slightly larger than pocket sized travel books. They offer you something to tweak your interest on a visit to the beautiful city of Paris- something other than the regular museums and parks (which I also love) some really amazing shopping!! I simply love to shop in Paris, it has exactly what she says, a chance to view the world through the eyes of some of the most creative minds available.


This book takes you into the different arrondissements of the city and gives you a chance to explore the amazing places that the designers and artisans of Paris go to find their tools for creativity. From my all time favorite ceramic shop to umbrella repair shops this book gives you a great place to start exploring one of my favorite cities in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment